- Modesty for both boys and girls
- Distinction between boys and girls
- Identification with the Lord, and not the world
- Neatness of attire (Overall appearance must not be overly casual, untidy, or outlandish.)
- Appropriateness in relation to time and activity
Dress Code Specifics:
TOPS – Polo style or shirts/blouses with collars and buttons, or fasteners that function as a button, to throat with no more than one button undone;
No sleeveless or cap sleeves; No Tshirts; No pictures or writing except small manufacturer’s logo
- Girls: Tops are tucked in (if tails) or worn at mid-hip (no bare midriffs).
No sheer or tight-fitting tops.
- Boys: Tops must be tucked in.
BOTTOMS – Solid color: black, brown, navy, khaki (no denim); dress slacks, skirts or jumpers (girls) or pants (boys);
- Skirts must come to mid-knee or longer and may have slits in the back.
- Longer skirts may have slits on sides and back no higher than the knee when standing.
- No baggy or cargo-style pants, no stretch material, no low rise, no faded, worn or sloppy attire, and no embellishments.
- Gr. 5-12 must wear belts if their pants have loops.
Pre K- Gr. 4
- Denim is permitted for pre-k to grade 4, and students may wear knee-length shorts or loose fitting pants, including blue jeans with no embellishments.
PHYS. ED – Shorts must be within three inches of floor when kneeling.
T-Shirts with sleeves may be worn.
HAIR – Boys must have standard haircuts; Girls’ hair must touch top of shoulders.
SHOES – Must have enclosed heel or strap at back. No flip-flops; no heelys.
SOCKS – Must be worn by boys Gr. 5-12; recommended for girls.
COLD WEATHER CLOTHING – Sweaters, non-hooded fleece, and jackets are acceptable if worn over uniform tops; No hoods.
TURTLENECKS may be worn under acceptable tops.
NO JEWELRY (Includes wrist and ankle bands).
NO NOTICEABLE MAKEUP (Includes colored nail polish on fingers and toes).
NO MILITARY CLOTHING.
NO HATS AND COATS WORN INSIDE THE SCHOOL BUILDING.
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES – Girls may wear slacks (no stretch or low-rise) to away-from school activities and to after-school activities unless deemed inappropriate by the principal because of the formality of the function. Students, parents, and visitors are kindly asked to respectfully uphold the principles regarding modesty while at school activities.